PVC, Polyvinyl Chloride, is a transparent, brittle solid material available in powder or granules. Generally, PVC has some properties like lightweight, inorganic-chemical resistant, water resistant, durable, self-extinguishing, cost efficiency and good insulation. And these attributes make it one of the most widely used plastic materials.
- Good Chemical Resistance：Resistant against acids, bases, and almost all inorganic chemicals.
- High Impact Strength：Its large intermolecular force between polymer chains make it a strong material.
- Naturally Self-Extinguishing：Because of its chlorine atom components, PVC is a superior fire-retardant material.
- Hardly Oxidized because of its molecular structure
- Excellent Electrical Insulation
- Low Moisture Absorption
plumbing & pipes, electric cables, bottles, non-food packaging, food-covering sheets, valves, door and window profiles, gaskets, imitation leather, flooring, signage, phonograph records, medical devices, laboratory equipment, inflatable products…
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0||0.04|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||R||115||121|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||411,000||430,000|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||7,500||8,200|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||481,000||410,000|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||12,800||15,000|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.0||1.6|
|Thermal||Vicat Softening Point||ASTM D1525||°C/°F||-||83 / 181|
|Heat Deflection Temperature||ASTM D648||°C/°F||80 / 176||103 / 217|
|Linear Coefficient of Expansion||ASTM D696||in/in/°F||6.1 × 10-5||3.7 × 10-5|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω/cm||5.4 × 1015||3.4 × 1015|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||60 Hz||3.2||3.7|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||60 Hz||0.0096||-|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||544||1250|