PPS is a semicrystalline, high temperature engineering thermoplastic. It offers an excellent balance of properties, including high temperature resistance, chemical resistance, flowability, dimensional stability and electrical characteristics. It can be molded, extruded, or machined to tight tolerances. In its pure solid form, it may be opaque white to light tan in color.
- Good Chemical Resistance：Unaffected by alcohols, ketones, chlorinated aliphatic compounds, esters, liquid ammonia...
- High Temperature Resistance：Resistance to 260°C for short time and used below 200°C for a long time.
- Electrical Insulation Properties：Both the high-volume resistivity and insulation resistance are maintained even in high-humidity environments.
- Excellent Dimensional Stability under high temperature and high humidity conditions.
- High Strength, High Rigidity, Low Degradation, Fatigue Endurance, Creep Resistance.
filter fabric, papermaking felts, fry pan handles, insulators, film capacitors, specialty membranes, gaskets, packings, bobbins, hard disk drives, electronic housings, sockets, relays, water pump impellers, fuel injection systems…
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.02|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||R scale||121|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||1.4 × 106|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||16,000|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||1.3 × 106|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||1,9000|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.3|
|Thermal||Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||260 / 500|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||>1016|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||3.5|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.001|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||1.38 × 104|