PET resin, often called just polyester resin, is the most commonly available plastic in the world. It is a highly flexible, colorless, and semi-crystalline resin in its natural state. Polyester resins are known for their excellent combination of properties such as hardness, stiffness, dimension stability, thermal, and chemical resistance and it absorbs little water. If you need more details, welcome to contact Prochase polyester resin suppliers.
- Chemical Resistance：Excellent resistance to alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils, greases, and diluted acids.
- Strength to Weight Ratio：Extraordinarily strong for its lightweight.
- Shatterproof：Not break or fracture, making it a great substitute for glass in some applications.
- Wild Range of Use Temperature：-60℃ ~ 130℃
- Transmissivity：It is naturally transparent. If high transmissivity is needed than plastics like Acrylic or PC, it may be a better choice.
- Good Gas and Moisture Barrier
The PET resin can be used to make plastic bottles, tapes, trays, microwavable containers, cosmetic jars, E&E industry, fabrics, wiper arms, headlamp retainer, gear housings, engine covers, connector housings, waterproofing barriers, 3D printing filament, etc.
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.26|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||1.4×106|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||18,000|
|Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||2.0 – 3.0|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||1.35×106|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||28,000|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.4|
|Thermal||Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||227 / 440|
|Flammability||ASTM D635||-||HB @ 1/16 in|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||>1014|
|Surface Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω / sq||1013|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||3.0|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.002|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||17,000|