Polyetherimide (PEI) is an amorphous engineering thermoplastic with amber transparency. It exhibits excellent mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties and has high temperature resistance, solvent resistance, and low smoke emission. As a result, it is an ideal material for automotive, electrical, medical, and other industrial applications. Its tensile strength, rigidity, and dimensional stability can be improved with the addition of glass fiber.
- Inherently Flame Resistance without the use of additives.
- Good Chemical Resistance：Resistant to alcohols, acids, and hydrocarbon solvent but dissolves in partially halogenated solvents.
- Excellent Mechanical Strength：It shows high tensile strength, deflection temperature and flexural modulus at room temperature and good retention of mechanical properties at elevated temperatures.
- High Dielectric Strength & Stability - Its dielectric strength and constant values make it a good electrical insulator.
- Outstanding Heat Resistance：Performing reliably up to 340°F.
stopcocks, instrument trays, sterilization trays, pipettes, dental devices, connectors, enclosures, reflectors, lightbulb sockets, bezels, throttle bodies, thermostat housings, electronic chips, capacitors, air and fuel valves, interior cladding components, metal replacement, bearings, microwavable bowls, utensils, ovenware…
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.25|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||-||125|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||4.8 × 105|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||15,800|
|Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||60|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||4.8 × 105|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||21,000|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.0|
|Thermal||Vicat Softening Point||ASTM D648||°C/°F||210 / 410|
|Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||200 / 392|
|Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion||ASTM D696||in./in./°F||3.1 × 10-5|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||>1012|
|Surface Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω / sq||>1013|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||3.2|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.004|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||1.97 × 104|