Polycarbonate is a high-performance tough, amorphous, and transparent thermoplastic polymer and offers a unique combination of properties. It is used to produce many different materials and especially useful when impact resistance or transparency are required. Polycarbonate also exhibits high optical clarity, excellent creep, and high temperature resistance and can be combined with flame retardant materials without significant material degradation.
- Excellent Impact Strength：Maintain toughness between -20°C and 140°C.
- High Transmittance：Transmit over 90% of light as good as glass.
- UV Protection：Provide 100% protection from harmful UV radiation.
- Good Chemical Resistance：Resistance against inorganic acids, diluted acids, aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, oils, and greases…
- High Heat Resistance：Thermal stability up to 135°C. Flame retardant can be added to improve further heat resistance.
moulds, appliances, headlamp bezel and lenses, facades, shelters, circuit breakers, switches, data storage, helmets, security components, medical devices, protective gear, eye visors, food storage containers, greenhouses, machine safety guards…
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.35|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||R scale||118|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||3.2×105|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||8,500|
|Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||> 10.0|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||3.4×105|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||13,500|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||15.0|
|Thermal||Vicat Softening Point||ASTM D648||°C/°F||132 / 270|
|Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||127 / 260|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||1015|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||3|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.01|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||27,000|