PBT, Polybutylene Terephthalate, is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic engineering polymer that has an excellent balance of properties and processing characteristics. It has many attractive properties like good dimensional stability, high heat resistance, chemical resistance. PBT shows higher tensile, flexural, and dielectric strengths than many thermosets. It is often used as an insulator in the electrical and electronics industries. If you need PBT resin, please contact us for further details.
- Outstanding Chemical Resistance to diluted acids, alcohols, aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, solvents, oils, and greases…
- Extremely High Electrical Resistance & High Dielectric Strength：It helps protect electrical and electronic components.
- Low Molding Temperatures than many engineering plastics since it crystallizes rapidly.
- Withstand Long-term Heat Exposure due to its high HDT and high temperature index.
- Good Durability under thermal stress and harsh chemical environments.
- Good Creep Resistance, Dimensional Stability, and Low Water Absorption.
PBT resins are usually applied in wiper covers, outer handles, mirror housings, cowl vents, cooling fans, fuel system components, connectors, bumpers, micro-motor housings, fuse boxes, ignition system parts, couplers, power tool casings, IC sockets, plug connectors, circuit breakers, terminal boards, keyboards, dryer nozzles, toothbrush bristles, lamp base, iron handles, etc.
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.07|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||R scale||118|
|Mechanical||Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||psi||1.2 × 106|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||16,000|
|Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||3.0 – 4.0|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||1.00 × 106|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||24,000|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.0|
|Thermal||Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||190 / 374|
|Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion||ASTM D696||in./in./°F||4.5 x 10-5|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||>1013|
|Surface Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω / sq||3.0 × 1015|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||3.5|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.02|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||19,700|