PA9T is a proprietary polyamide resin. It is highly resistant to heat, water, and abrasion, yet easily molded. When compared to other heat resistant polyamides, it has several superior features such as low moisture absorption, and superior dimensional stability.
- Low Water Absorption：Quite lower water absorption than any other nylon.
- Outstanding Chemicals Resistance：Resistant to alcohol, acid, calcium chloride, hot water, and other fluids.
- Dimensional Stability due to its low water absorption.
- Fuel Barrier Properties：An excellent fuel close to levels for ETFE fluoropolymer.
- Easy to Mold：With its melting point of 306℃, there is no need of modification to suppress the melting point so that the material can be molded.
- Excellent Heat Resistance
electronic connectors, smart cards, memory sockets, camera modules, jacks, switches, relay devices, encoders, bearing retainers, LED reflectors, actuator rods, inter-cooler tanks, engine mounts, automotive gears, fuel-system parts…
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||0.80|
|Mechanical||Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||3.5|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||23,900|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||2.18 × 106|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||32,600|
|Thermal||Heat Deflection Temperature at 264 psi||ASTM D648||°C/°F||285 / 545|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||1.0 × 1016|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||10 GHz||0.010|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||30,000|