PA46 (Nylon 46)
PA46 is a semi-crystalline, high heat resistant polyamide. Compared to many other aliphatic nylons, it offers much better mechanical properties retention at high temperatures. It has excellent wear resistance, outstanding level of stiffness, good electrical insulation properties and high chemical resistance.
- High Crystallization Speeds & High Crystallinity come from the structural symmetry ensuring that the polymers fit in the crystal in multiple ways.
- Highly Resistant to Chemicals：Including fuels, greases, and oils.
- Excellent Wear Resistance：Outperforms most high-performance engineering plastics under most conditions.
- High Temperature Resistance
- Easy Processing because of its outstanding flow.
engine and transmission, engine-management, air-inlet, brake, air cooling and electronic systems, electrical connectors and electrical components, gears, bobbins, fasteners, bearings, bushings, guides, crank shaft saddles, pump parts, and actuators.…
|Physical||Glass Fiber Content||-||%||30|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||%||3.6|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||R scale||125|
|Mechanical||Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||psi||27,992|
|Tensile Elongation||ASTM D638||%||2.8|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D790||psi||32,343|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D790||psi||1.74 × 106|
|Izod Impact||ASTM D256||ft-lb/in||1.7|
|Thermal||Melting Point||-||°C/°F||290 / 554|
|Heat Deflection Temperature||ASTM D648||°C/°F||260 / 500|
|Electrical||Electrical Volume Resistivity||ASTM D257||Ω-cm||1015|
|Dielectric Constant||ASTM D150||1 MHz||4.1|
|Dissipation Factor||ASTM D150||1 MHz||0.015|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D149||V/mm||24,000|